Friday, February 6, 2009

Yo Yo Ma

One of my resolutions for the new year (in fact, the past few years) has been to give up the addiction that is Starbucks. Specifically them delicious tall, non fat, no whip, extra hot mochas. I've been making great progress until today when I felt the need to reward myself for such great behavior. Plus it's a Friday--why the heck not.

I got my drink, and a heated butter croissant (yummy in my tummy!) and headed to the office. As some of you may know, there are quotes on the cups by various individuals. In the past I've read quotes by Madeline Albright, Andy Roddick and random customers as well. To my delight, this morning, was a quote by Yo Yo Ma. You may recall he performed at the inauguration last month and I've been a fan since he began collaborating on movie soundtracks.

The quote:"What I look for in musicians is generosity. There is so much to learn from each other and about each other's culture. Great creativity begins with tolerance."

I couldn't agree more with this quote. In fact, you could replace the word musicians with any noun and the quote would still be equally true. Well done Ma, well done.

Now back to that tasty cup o' joe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the Andy Roddick quote?

Gurpal Dosanjh said...

Andy's quote was "Having two older brothers is a healthy reminder that you're always closer to the bottom than you are to the top." It was shortly after he became the youngest #1 ranked player.

Post a Comment