Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris Brown Finally Apologizes


It only took 5 months for Chris Brown to apologize publicly for his assault on Rihanna. I will be the first to admit that I actually liked his "hip-pop" music, until news of this incident first surfaced back in February. However, I'm a bigger fan of Rihanna. If he was genuinely sorry about his behavior, he should've voiced these sentiments 5 months ago--regardless of what his lawyer advised him to do. As such, I'll voice my discontent with my blog and my wallet.

Rihanna herself isn't excused in my eyes. She has to understand that she is a role model for many young women and should have released some statement acknowledging and addressing this situation; even if the words were selected by her attorney.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a celebrity, but it must be challenging to deal with your dirty laundry in front of a national audience.

Domestic violence, for that matter any violence, in a "civilized" society should not be tolerated.

Now back to the music...

No comments:

Post a Comment